|14:00 Uhr - 15:30 Uhr|
Teilprojekt B09: SFB 1342, Universität Bremen
Dr Avner Ofrath from the Department of History will share some insights about the various steps involved in archival research:
- defining the role of archives
- finding/locating relevant documents
- understanding different types of documents and contextualising their origins
- issues around analysis
- correct referencing
- ethical issues (e.g., data extraction from South to North)
- how to account for all the things that are not documented?
The participants will also reflect on their (past and future) uses of archives and historical documents.
For preparation (not mandatory): Anver Ovrath's article on what an archive actually is and does: https://www.oarplatform.com/on-leaving-the-archive/
Please register with Anna Wolkenhauer. The workshop will take place in the InIIS seminar room but also via Zoom. Anna will share log-in details upon request.