The project "Global developments in health care systems" is looking for new student assistants (up to 37 hours/month).
At the University of Bremen, the following positions are available in the Collaborative Research Centre 1342's project "Global developments in health care systems":
Student Assistants with up to 37 hrs/month
Start date: 01.03.2024 / as soon as possible. The position is temporary, but a longer-term employment is intended.
The project is a part of the DFG-funded Collaborative Research Centre 1342 "Global Dynamics of Social Policy" and is directed by Prof. Dr. Heinz Rothgang, Prof. Dr. Sebastian Haunss and Dr. Lorraine Frisina Doetter.
The aim of the project is to map the historical development of the inclusiveness and scope of benefits of health care systems worldwide. In doing so, we analyse and annotate documents of health care legislation. Based on the manual analysis we are creating a training data set to fine-tune AI language models to support data collection in this field on different levels of text classification.
- Database and literature research
- Annotating of legal documents
- Supporting on administrative tasks
- Enrolled in a German University at least until July 2024
- Excellent command of English
- Experience in qualitative text analysis
- Independent, reliable and organised working style
- Interest in global social policy / health policy legislation
- Experience with reference management software, especially Zotero
- Experience in coding of text documents
Deadline for application: 26.01.2024 (afterwards, rolling basis until positions are filled.)
Please send applications with CV and short letter of motivation stating expected graduation date to Alexander Polte (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CRC 1342: Global Dynamics of Social Policy
Phone: +49 421 218-57063